The Academy of Music of the University of Ljubljana is a higher education institution of national importance and is crucial for the development of the Slovenian musical production, reproduction, musicology, and music education. The Academy of Music is responsible for the development of the Slovenian artistic, scientific and pedagogical discipline in the field of music and ensures that its development is comparable to the development of the discipline in Europe and around the world.
In 2027, the Academy of Music of the University of Ljubljana will be recognised as an excellent, internationally minded and well-established university music institution with a valid international accreditation. It will be one of the most prestigious institutions of its kind in Central Europe. It will be recognised as an excellent organiser of diverse musical events, providing its students a comprehensive range of musical skills in a variety of fields.
- Humanities and respect of human rights, including the principles of equal opportunity, inclusion, and solidarity;
- An ethical and responsible attitude towards the world and future generations;
- Academic excellence and assuring the highest quality standards in education;
- Academic freedom of co-workers and students, and, especially, creative freedom and the freedom of a critical mind;
- Autonomy in relation to the state, political parties, business, and religious and other communities.